Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Louisiana Saturday Night

So life isn't always smooth.  There are a million things that can surprise and ruin the most perfect day.  But, one thing I love about my life is I have been blessed enough to have so many different people who in their own different and special way teach me, support me, and love me when I need it.  God has his hands on me and when I feel helpless I need to remember he is in control.  He has a plan for me and my life.  I fail him everyday but he is constantly there.  As hard as it gets I couldn't make it through anything if it weren't for the people in my life.  Thats what Im thinking about as I sit here tonight on this perfect Saturday night.  

Now, I'm a city girl.  I love people, the noise of cars, everything being so close, I loooove the city.  But I'm dating a man who has spent his whole life in the COUNTRY.  Fishing, hunting, the manliest of the manly.  I've been with him for a year and today I was left alone with a fishing pole that began to wiggle and shake.  Clueless I looked around to find no one.  It was up to me to handle this beast of a fish no longer than 8 inches ;).  But ladies and gentlemen I DID IT.  I wrapped that sucker with a rag, apologized numerous times for how long it took this amateur to pull the hook out of his mouth, and tossed it into the Live Well a hero.  I just beat a level in Fishing and it feels AWESOME.  Who knows I maybe cleaning my very own deer soon. Yeah just kidding, I don't think my stomach could handle that!  But it's things like that, that help me get through days like this.  I caught a fish so I'm pretty awesome.  If anyone disagrees then you have a sad life :-p.  But my friends can't imagine me ever moving here, but is it possible to be a city girl and love the city but still love the peacefulness of space? Beautiful water, hills, and sky?  It's true I don't know how to use the gas pump at the only station in town but I think that there is something great about being out here.  I see how easy it is for people here to be at peace and have calm in their lives.  Everything slows down and quiets.  There is a feeling here that I don't get in the city.  Who knows maybe I could be out here in the coming years.  Only time will tell :)


No comments:

Post a Comment